Our library remodeling project is nearly complete, but we have been waiting for weeks on the carpet crew. They finally started today. Apparently the stuff we have now is some of the most difficult to remove, and they spent about seven hours scraping away just a few square yards. They will spend tomorrow removing the remainder in our new workspace and then install new tiles that should better emphasise our new circulation space. However, because they were nowhere near done when I arrived to start the opening procedures, it meant I had to move a lot of furnishings into our meeting room so the library would be usable to the public. Not the best start to the day when I am still recovering from the flu from hell. I also had to move our circulation desk to another temporary location again since the floor was getting torn up where it now belongs. Fortunately, the desk is on wheels, so all I had to do was plug in at a new location. No problem! That's why we got the new setup! Well, except I couldn't link to the printer service on our network or to our patron computer management system. That is a problem. A big one. I contacted the district tech team and eventually got instructions for how to re-wire the outlet we were using into the staff side of our network, but then I had another problem. Our circ desk has two computers that share a receipt printer. The one on the left manages printing and patron computers. The one on the right manages the receipt printer, though. And something went wrong even though there is no reason for it to have quit. So I also had to try troubleshooting a printer on a simple two-computer local network. I gave up and swapped the USB cable in the end. Once the new carpet is in, I have to undo all the jury-rigging I did today and see if anything still works at all. Yay.